lunedì, aprile 06, 2009

CygWin included X Server

Tooday I noticed it must have been at least one yeat since I updated my cygwin installation, so I decided to do it now... everything was fine but I couldn't run xosview anymore from my linux servers, it refused to start saying: "xosview: display localhost:11.0 cannot load font 7x13bold".

I couldnt' find a solution on the web so I tried to find it by myself, I run cygwin setup.exe and had a look at X11 uninstalled packages. I noticed that the package "font-alias" was not installed, I installed it in the hope it was the missing one... and it worked !

Lucky me :-)

I just hope this post gets indicesed by search engines so that other people with the same problem can find the solution quickly.

1 commento:

Mico ha detto...

After 11 years I helped myself finding this post with a google search... :-)

One note: in all this time the font-alias package was replaced by xorg-x11-fonts-misc as written here: https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/font-alias.html